Lemon "Gear Bars"
Posted by Gear Beast on February 02, 2017
Tired of prepackaged bars that cost more than they should and while full of nutrients are lacking in taste? Here’s an easy to make snack to take with you on your ride. It’s easy to make and uses only 6 all natural ingredients.
• 1 1/2 cup raw cashews
• 2 lemons
• 18 pitted Dates
• 2 Tbsp honey
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1 Tbsp coconut oil
• Process the cashews and dates in a food processor until finely chopped.
• Zest 2 lemons and and juice 1 lemon.
• Add the zest, juice, honey and salt to the food processor.
• Process until smooth but don’t overdo it.
• Press into a greased bread loaf pan (consider greasing the pan or using wax paper to prevent sticking)
• Freeze for an hour, or put in refrigerator until firm.
• Cut into 12 equal bars or squares.
Makes 12 bars.
Nutrition (per bar): 192 calories, 20 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams protein, 52 mg sodium, 258 mg potassium, 16 mg calcium, 82 mg magnesium