All Things Gear Beast - Recipes
- » Smartphone Lanyards Protect Your Phone Like No Other Accessory
- » Gear Beast Gripkick Adds The ''Smart'' To Smartphone Grips
- » A Chat with One of the Best Smartphone Accessories Innovators
- » Win Over Your Valentine with the Perfect Smartphone Gifts
- » The Trendiest Smartphone Accessories for Your Next Trip
Posted by Gear Beast on 13th Feb 2017
Here’s a great easy to make recipe for a yummy salad. Enjoyable by Vegans and Carnivores alike! It is high in protein and calcium and an excellent source of fiber as well. Quinoa and Edamame are both packed with protein, fiber, iron, B vitamins, magnesium, zinc, folate and vitamin K. Plus they’re also both low in fat. If you haven’t tried these two gems yet, you really should – plus this will keep you more full than a greasy burger!
Briefly boil the edamame and the corn, just until tender. Drain very well and cool completely.
In a large bowl, combine the edamame, corn, quinoa, green onion, red pepper and cilantro.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, salt, chili powder, black pepper, thyme and cayenne until emulsified. Drizzle mixture over salad mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least two hours.